Monday, September 1, 2008

I finally agree with Obama!

“I have heard some of the news on this and so let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off limits, and people’s children are especially off limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics,” the Democrat said forcefully. “It has no relevance to Governor Palin’s performance as governor, or her potential performance as a VP. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories,” he continued.

Anyone that would make this a political issue is disgusting. This is a seventeen year old girl going through a pretty tough and stressful time. It's bad enough that certain liberal bloggers were speculating that Gov. Palin's youngest child was actually her daughter's, going so far as to analyze the "baby bump" on a picture taken in 2006 (Trig, the baby in question was born in 2008). That's right, these jerks were calling the girl fat.

Fox News anchor Alan Colmes, of Hannity & Colmes, titled a recent post on his blog Liberaland "Did Palin Take Proper PreNatal Care?" In it, he wondered if she somehow was at fault for having a disabled child.

Seriously??? What does this have to do with political debate? What does this have to do with policy differences? Blaming a woman for her child's unfortunate condition? That's just wrong and disgraceful.

No comments: