Monday, September 1, 2008

Intervention

Intervention

So my old and former friend Anthony's(anthony's sad fuckin' story here) mom asked me to write a letter for Anthony's intervention. This intervention occurring three months after Anthony called me to try to make amends, three months after telling me that he had his priorities settled and that "being clean" was his top priority. I stopped taking his calls.

Fuck him, and fuck anyone else that calls addiction a "disease". The "disease" is being a careless spoiled brat, the side effect of said "disease" may be substance abuse....anyways, i'm an open book, so fuck it...I will post the letter that I wrote for Anthony's intervention for whomever chooses to read it. I know that it's not appropriate for an intervention, and i'm sure that it wasn't read.

I'm also aware that this letter was not written for a general audience. It's inside, from one old friend to another. But it does have value, and I think that if you have a loved one that has a problem, then you should see what it is like when you no longer love the addict...when an undying love is broken. I love the guy that Ant used to be, but he isn't that guy anymore, so I have stopped giving a fuck about him and his well being. He's either gonna get busy living, or get busy dying...but i'm tired of the whole thing.

Ant,

Eighteen years. Eighteen, going on nineteen years ago, you and I metin the school yard on the first day of school...we've been family ever since.

I am writing this letter for the benefit of your parents, I love them very much and I wish that you would have class enough to just leave them alone. I'm sure that many people will write letters detailing the wrongs that you have done to them, but ultimately those folks will try to spin the ending in some optimistic fashion...not this letter.

This letter is going to be brutal, I have nothing nice or optimistic to say to you, I do not believe that your addiction is a "disease"...I think that you're a self-centered spoiled brat. I think that you're a child. I think that you're a lazy asshole looking for short cuts. I think that you're dumb enough to think that you can get over on life. I think that you run away from responsibility. I do not think that you'll ever be worth anything, nor am I holding out hope that you will prove me wrong...because I know that you won't.

Why do I go against conventional wisdom and deny the "disease" justification that so many ex junkie drug counselors and liberal douche bag politicians like to give folks like you? Because I actually know you...your disease is being an asshole, a side effect of being an asshole was opiate dependance, but no one should pretend that the opiates have made you an asshole. Since I've met you, you have avoided responsability, passed off blame, run away from obligations, lied, cheated, stolen, manipulated, quit everything you've ever started and bullshitted everyone you've ever met...Can we blame opiates on all of your gambling losses? Can we blame opiates on the so-called friends that you've screwed over? No. The disease is you. You are a cancer, and the best thing for all of us that know you and who have loved you is for you to be cut the fuck out.

You've never cared about the consequences of your actions, you've never cared for other people's feelings and you've never put in an honest effort into living up to your responsibilities.
I sincerely hope that your parents are finally ready to wash their hands of you. They are good people and have never deserved to have such a rotten sociopath of a son in their lives. You've never given thought to your parent's health, their financial future, or their emotional well being. If you were an actual human, you'd just leave them alone.


Let's face facts, if the only thing that you had done was leave my brother as he was dying from heroin that you had purchased with him, i might be able to move on...but it's not just that. You've systematically lied to me for the last five years, you stole from my best friend's mother (ryan), you stole from my little brother, you acted disrespectfully in front of my parents (who the fuck are you to sit at the poker table with some fucking prostitute in front of my mother?), and you've effectively manipulated my heart felt love for you for your advantage.

As Joey lay in the hospital fighting for his life, I very nearly attacked my Uncle Tony for his suggestion that Joseph was with you....motherfucker, even then, with no reason to believe a word you said to me, I was about to physically attack a man that actually loved me and my family in defense of a child that only loves himself. That's the last time i'll ever believe anything that you say to me, that last lie....that last lie that could only work if my brother had died.

When your mother called me and asked me to write this, i knew immediately that this letter was going to be brutal...because i don't believe in interventions, I really don't give a fuck if this "helps" you because i can't believe that you can be helped...but let me tell you the truth about yourself and your future.

You are a sniveling, conniving, piece of shit and the best thing that you could ever fucking do in your life...the only thing that you could do to redeem yourself in anyway is to walk away from all of us that have had the misfortune of loving you. That includes Blake and Jessica. You do that child no fucking favors by being around him, you are a horrible example of what a man should be and that child should not be influenced by your piss poor example of "manhood". With any luck, Blake will grow up with a conscience, with honor, with respect for others, and with constraint...to summarize, hopefully he'll growup nothing like the sperm donor that he calls dad.

Whatever....whatever happens, i only give a fuck because of your family...after eighteen long years...i just don't have it in me to care about you any longer.
Later,


Nick

that's it for me party people...back to work

No comments: